*Please note: These boxes will ship in November!*
With The Fictionist Box, we’ll build you a reading experience. Anything from fuzzy socks and special tea blends to high-quality mugs and candles will make our boxes a haven of calm, positivity, and bookish love.
We’ll include special extras like recipes, signed notes from featured authors, and letters from book editors. You’ll also be receiving a print magazine with exclusive content from Fictionist!
What makes us different from other boxes?
- Our very own magazine, designed and written by us. We include content like reviews, book recommendations, publishing news, notes from the author and editor of the month’s featured book, quizzes, self-care tips, and even book-inspired recipes.
- Gender-neutral items. Anyone can appreciate things like face masks and socks, but we try to stay away from the usual book box finds of necklaces, earrings and rings.
- Useful items. We stay away from things like art prints and figurines meant to gather dust on a shelf — we want our boxes to include items you can use!
- Items inspired by self-care and relaxation. We curate items that will create an environment that will urge our readers to sit, relax, take a load off, and read a good book. Sure, we might include the book box staple of candles every once in a while, but also keep your eye out for rejuvenating face masks, inspiring stationery, lovely custom soaps, professionally-created teas, and much (much!) more.
- Items that speak to you. We’ll include an item or two (or maybe three or four, who knows!) inspired directly by the featured book in our box, and our other items will be for all book lovers — not inspired by other popular YA books that you may or may not have read. There’s no need to be a pop culture guru to enjoy our boxes; the merchandise we include will either be inspired by reading in general or the book we’ve included just for you.
- We listen to you. As long as we can afford to include something in our boxes, we will absolutely take your voices into account!
So sit back. Put on something comfy, have a cup of tea, and experience a new kind of book box: Your kind of book box.
When will pre-orders open?
Pre-orders opened in late September!
When will my box ship if I decide to pre-order?
Our first-ever box will be shipping in early-to-mid November.
What book will be featured in the first box?
No spoilers! It’s a surprise, but it will be a YA book coming out this November!
How can I stay up to date with The Fictionist Box news?
By signing up for our mailing list or following Fictionist on Instagram (@fictionist_mag), where we often post news.
What kinds of things will I find in my box?
This changes every time, and we have a million ideas! But we try to keep boxes as gender neutral as possible, so we will rarely be including necklaces or other heavily feminine-coded objects — the same goes for heavily masculine-coded objects. We also won’t be including items that often gather dust on a shelf, such as figurines. Things like tea, mugs, shower steamers (like bath bombs, but for showers!), candles, socks, book lights, unique bookmarks, artisan soaps, bookish stamps and more can all be found in a Fictionist Box! Plus, we design and produce our own magazine filled with exclusive book-related reviews, articles, news, letters from book editors, and more.